Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle tracing in 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

does anyone know if in 4.2 there are the equivalent commands of "postplot" and "postinterp" of version 3.5a for accessing data, for example, of a particle tracing in Comsol w/ Matlab?
I may have found a workaround to the apparent lack of these commands, but if anyone know they are there, please tell me... I'm going nuts...

Best
J

1 Reply Last Post Oct 24, 2011, 9:06 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello J

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 24, 2011, 9:06 p.m. EDT
Hello Jacopo,

the postplot and postinterp functions were renamed to agree with the new name convention to mphplot and mphinterp, respectively.

You can find more info about these two in two doc-PDF files in 'MATLAB livelink' folder.

BTW: I'm still wondering if you made to manage the data extraction in MATLAB for COMSOL 4.2. Is it possible to get any particular particle data? And can we set some 'individual' particle attributes, for example just like in Ansys Fluent?

I have tried to put the results into a variable using

h=mphplot(model,'pg1')

where "model" is the model name and "pg1" is the result node. However, the data structure is too big to be saved in the variable "h".

I have tried to extract data by "mpheval" but I cannot get the proper name of the data structure for particle data (ptr1?).

I got stuck. I would appreciate any help from you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Peter
Hello Jacopo, the postplot and postinterp functions were renamed to agree with the new name convention to mphplot and mphinterp, respectively. You can find more info about these two in two doc-PDF files in 'MATLAB livelink' folder. BTW: I'm still wondering if you made to manage the data extraction in MATLAB for COMSOL 4.2. Is it possible to get any particular particle data? And can we set some 'individual' particle attributes, for example just like in Ansys Fluent? I have tried to put the results into a variable using h=mphplot(model,'pg1') where "model" is the model name and "pg1" is the result node. However, the data structure is too big to be saved in the variable "h". I have tried to extract data by "mpheval" but I cannot get the proper name of the data structure for particle data (ptr1?). I got stuck. I would appreciate any help from you. Thank you. Kind regards, Peter

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.