Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Microwaves Source Model

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

The Microwaves which has been provided in the Microwaves Oven Model in RF Module includes the port definition as user defined. Can any body please let me know how can I define mt own port for best efficiency, what parameters should be included?

In addition, can I reduce the frequency of operation below 1GHz in this module. If yes, how can I do that?
I have tried it and COMSOL gives error with inconsistent initial values but when I define it up above 2GHz, it works fine?

Similarly, how can I define a port in Electromagnetic waves heating, where I can define a point source easily just by following the procedure provided in one of the tutorials related to oil.But when I try to define the port in the same way as we do in Microwaves heating, it gives error.
Can some one please elaborate the steps and requirements for defining a port in Electromagnetic waves of RF module?

Many thanks for any kind of feedback!

0 Replies Last Post Oct 27, 2011, 3:11 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.