Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

student

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Could you please help me to plot a curve/arc(in 3D) with its center passing through the origin using MATLAB code?

2 Replies Last Post Jun 17, 2021, 1:37 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Jun 16, 2021, 1:12 p.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Jun 17, 2021, 10:35 a.m. EDT

This is a Comsol Multiphysics forum. Are you using Comsol Multiphysics? You can do a lot of MATLAB operations within Comsol Multiphysics, but for MATLAB support, see the links at: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/?s_tid=gn_mlc or look in your MATLAB help system.

Added later: I've begun to wonder if I may have misunderstood your problem. I initially assumed that you sought to plot a curve/arc (just as you said), but did you really seek to create/build a geometric curve/arc (a 1D geometry structure) within a 3D Comsol working geometry, and specifically to do so by means of Matlab commands (e.g., via LiveLink for Matlab) rather than directly by Comsol's GUI? The difference in meaning here is substantial: In one case, you are simply plotting a mathematical curve for you to look at. In the other case, you are creating/building a geometric object.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
This is a Comsol Multiphysics forum. Are you using Comsol Multiphysics? You can do a lot of MATLAB operations within Comsol Multiphysics, but for MATLAB support, see the links at: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/?s_tid=gn_mlc or look in your MATLAB help system. Added later: I've begun to wonder if I may have misunderstood your problem. I initially assumed that you sought to *plot* a curve/arc (just as you said), but did you really seek to create/build a *geometric* curve/arc (a 1D geometry structure) within a 3D Comsol working geometry, and specifically to do so by means of Matlab commands (e.g., via LiveLink for Matlab) rather than directly by Comsol's GUI? The difference in meaning here is substantial: In one case, you are simply plotting a mathematical curve for you to look at. In the other case, you are creating/building a geometric object.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Jun 17, 2021, 1:37 p.m. EDT

See note added later, above.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
See note added later, above.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.